Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Dangerous Roller Coaster

With so many activities to do this summer, there is one that I haven't done yet, and I am really scared to do it. I am talking about the Kingda Ka at Six Flags at Great Adventure. Being the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the world. Reaching the speed from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds! and reaching 45 stories or 456 feet into the sky, having the world record in elevation. The ride is propelled via hydraulic launch horizontally.

I don't want to sound like a coward, but the thought that I don't have control over my body and surroundings freaks me out. A couple of years ago, I was this close to get into this ride, due to my friends putting pressure on me, when we went to do the line, a thunder hit the ride, so they closed it, I admit that I got lucky, because I wasn't feeling it.

Here is a little video of how it feels like to be in the Kingda Ka:

Kingda Ka, The Fastest Roller Coaster In The World In Front Row:



I don't know you, but I will never get into this one, also don't want to discourage anyone on getting into this ride which is cataloged 1 of the 5 most dangerous rides. So, if you get into this one or any other scary ride, share the story with us.

Here is a link with the other 4 most dangerous rides.

Courtesy of Six Flags, Great Adventure
and Popular Mechanics

No comments: