Friday, September 11, 2009

MTA BUS OVERLOAD


I want to express a negative experience I had riding a MTA bus Last night, I was with my girlfriend. It was around 11:30 PM, it was very rainy. As usual, there was a lot of people in line to get in there. My frustration was that the bus was at full capacity, however the bus driver kept picking up people to the point that they were standing at the door steps. This reminds me of the bus system in our countries, where the bus drivers pick up people even on the roof, so they can get more passengers.
It happens that this bus driver was forcing to move people towards the back. I understand that sometimes people don't like to go to the back of the bus. I don't know what his deal was, but that was unnecessary. So I got frustrated and took out my Iphone out of my pocket and snapped some pictures, so you can see that I am not exaggerating.

I just want the MTA to address these types of situations, and come up with a solution.
I deleted the bus number to protect the identity of the driver, don't want him to get in trouble. He is probably doing what he is told to do. As you can see in the pictures, the passengers are standing passing the white line allowed by the law and the bus being in motion. Unacceptable.

No comments: